To Those We Serve and to Those Who Support:
As information and efforts to contain the coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to evolve, Anchor of Hope Pregnancy and Family Care Centre remains committed to the safety and well-being of its clients, staff, and community.
July 20 Announcement:
As of June 2, the Centre reopened to regular hours. Until now services have been by appointment only. As of July 20, 2020 we will be welcoming Walk-ins. We are limiting care and continuing to screen all who wish to enter the Centre. Face masks are now mandatory and we will be following the Public Health guide lines. We do encourage people to book appointments. Children will now be permitted with their parents under strict guidelines. Children must remain with their parents. To make an appointment or referral please text or call 613-473-0606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are offering the following services at this time:
- Free pregnancy tests and options education.
- Parenting, Women’s Programs on an individual basis.
- Post Abortion Care.
- Material assistance-diapers, baby care items, baby and maternity clothes.
- One on one support.
We understand that people may be more comfortable being served via phone, text, or email. We are willing to accommodate each person as needed.
We look forward to serving our community.
June 2nd Announcement:
Anchor of Hope Pregnancy and Family Care Centre desires to follow the guidelines set out by the government and Public Health as a means to protect the health and safety of those we serve as well our staff and volunteers. With that in mind, the Centre will be reopening for regular hours as of June 2. Services will be by appointment only. To book an appointment please text or call 613-473-0606 or email email@example.com.
Please arrive on time for your appointment. We want to avoid people waiting in the hall so please do not arrive early for the appointment.
After booking your appointment, you will receive a phone call and be asked some screening questions. (Are you currently experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath? Have you been in close contact with any person who has or has COVID-19? Have you travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days?) You will be asked these questions a second time upon arriving at the Centre.
You will be required to wear a face mask during your appointment. If you do not have your own mask, one will be provided for you. You will also be required to sanitize your hands before entering.
We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe and we look forward to serving you.
As of March 17, 2020 the Centres physical office is closed. The team is working to support those in need of care by means of email, texting, telephone calls, and virtual meetings. We understand that COVID-19 can add to stress that some may already be experiencing because of an unexpected pregnancy, material needs, or post-abortion stress. We are still here for you!
If you are in need, please contact the Centre by texting 613-473-0606 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org One of our team members will respond quickly. We will work out ways that we can still offer support and information you need. You are not alone. We are here for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Centre open? Yes! We are open 11am - 4pm Tuesday to Thursday. Feel free to call ahead to see if we have the supplies you are looking for so we can serve you better.
- Can I access support from the Centre? Yes, you can text us at 613-4730606 or email us at email@example.com
- Are classes/programs still running? All classes and programs have been suspended until further notice.
- What type of support is available to me? Options support, post abortion care, peer support (Virtual meetings will be hosted via Zoom. To make an appointment, text 613-473-0606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and material support (diapers, wipes, formula).
- I need diapers, wipes, or formula, can you help me? Yes, depending on availability. Contact us to confirm and arrange pick up. **If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or have been in close contact with someone suspected of being infected with COVID-19, please wait to pick up your items.**
- Are you still accepting donations? Due to the risk of contamination, we are unable to accept clothing, toys, and baby items at this time. We are however, accepting diapers, baby wipes, and formula. If you wish to donate, please contact us to arrange a drop off time. **If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or have been in close contact with someone suspected of being infected with COVID-19, please wait to drop off your donations.**. As always, we greatly appreciate the support of our donors.